SEPTEMBER BOOK OF THE MONTH

Monday, August 23, 2010

First Book Selection

Ladies, Ladies, Ladies....It has been about four months in the making. We have lasted horrendous heat and roaring rain. However, we had a psuedo meeting to get started and decided on some of the club specifics. Briefly, while I have the time, I can recount some of the main points.

1. The group will meet every third Saturday of the month. This means, the first official meeting is September 18.
2. The host is defined as the person choosing the book for the month and holding the meeting at their place, unless the location needs to be held at another place.
3. The book selection must be provided one month prior to the meeting to allow for enough time to read the book. Also ladies, even if you don't read the book, still participate. It would be very sad to have a meeting with only two people that show up jsut because they read the book.
4. Bring a dish. Even if you are not hosting, its just nice to contribute to the overall group. I know some months are tight, but even a little juice can go a long way.

Well, those are some of the basics. We were going to have a poll to decide what the book is, but I'm just gonna go all in. Eh, getting this far was a chore. The book this month is "Little Bee: A Novel" by Chris Cleave. I tried to stick to the theme of friendship and only found weird chick lit, which I could not make a case for at the moment. The next host can try and figure this out.

Well, ladies. I think that is all for now. Go forth, buy/rent the book and READ!!!! Hopefully, this is the start of a beautiful book-ship.

5 comments:

  1. I've got a head start because I've already read that book. I'll reread it so that I can try to participate in the discussion. I'm hyped about this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am buying the book today- but since I tend to read rather quickly I will save it for about a week before the meeting. this has been years in the making for me- I can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yaaayyy!!! Its actually working. A little sad that Tracey already read the book, but just got tired of trying to find a book. Oh, well. Guess, I better get to reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dangit! I wish I had to start and actually finish a book. Ironically, I bought LIttle Bee months ago and liked it but started doing something else and now I can't find it. Hmpph.

    ReplyDelete